White Choco-Macadamia Bars
Decadent cookie bars laden with toasted macadamia nuts and chunks of white chocolate.
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup butter, melted
4 squares white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Place macadamia nuts on a cookie sheet and bake for about 5 -7 minutes (watch closely so they don't burn), remove from oven and cool.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add melted butter to egg mixture along with vanilla. Mix well. Stir in flour mixture, mixing until just blended. Fold the chopped white chocolate into mixture. Stir in macadamia nuts. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Place on wire rack to cool.
Makes 12 bars.