Apricot Beef Roast
A pot roast that makes its own savory onion gravy with a touch of sweetness from the apricots.
1 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) beef chuck roast
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 ounces dried apricots
1/3 cup beef broth
- Place pot roast in roasting pan.
- Spread cream of mushroom soup over roast and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over roast.
- Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the dried apricots.
- Pour the beef broth around the roast.
- Place lid on pan and roast in a 325°F (160°C) oven for 3 hours.
- Test for doneness with a fork. Roast should be fork tender and pull apart easily.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.