Beef and Corn Fajitas Pitas
Deli roast beef is used in these fajita-style sandwiches using pita breads.
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons thick and chunky salsa
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained*
6 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef, cut into 2-inch strips
6 (6-inch) Greek-style soft fold pita breads
12 (0.75-ounce) slices pepper Jack or American cheese
- Combine sour cream and salsa in small bowl; mix well. Cover; refrigerate until serving.
- Spray 10-inch skillet with no stick cooking spray; add onion and green pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisply tender (5 to 6 minutes). Stir in corn and roast beef. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Heat broiler.
- Spoon 1/6 corn mixture onto each pita bread; top with 2 slices cheese.
- Broil 5 to 7-inches from heat until cheese begins to melt (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over melted cheese. Fold pita in half. Serve with remaining sauce.
Makes 6 sandwiches.
*Substitute: 1 cup whole kernel corn
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 sandwich): Calories: 470 Fat: 20 g Cholesterol: 65 mg Sodium: 1180 mg Carbohydrates: 49 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Protein: 25 g