Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound Certified Angus Beef® flank steak
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded lettuce
1 (15 to 16-ounce) can refried beans
Fresh tomato salsa
1 large ripe, firm avocado, pared, pitted and sliced
4 tostada shells
- For Lime Marinade: Combine marinade ingredients.
- Place steak in zipper-locking plastic bag and pour marinade over beef. Close bag, removing air. Marinate steak in refrigerator for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Broil or grill steak 3-inch from heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until center is slightly pink. Slice across the bias of grain.
- Spread beans within 1/2-inch of tostada shell edge. Top with lettuce, cheese and avocado. Place beef slices on top.
- Serve with fresh tomato salsa and sour cream.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 82; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 0g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.