Beer-Marinated Flank Steak
Serve this beer-infused steak as is or all wrapped up in warm sandwich buns or flour tortillas, along with your favorite accompaniments like shredded cheese, chopped onions, peppers, tomatoes and lettuce.
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1 (12-ounce) bottle beer
1 (1 1/2 to 2-pounds) flank steak
- Combine all ingredients, except steak, in a large zipper-style plastic bag, seal and shake to mix well.
- Add steak to marinade, seal and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat gas grill on medium-high or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill steak for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness
- To serve, thinly slice steak diagonally across the grain.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Note: Steak can also be cooked in a broiler.