Caribbean Ribeye Steaks with Grilled Pineapple Salad
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
2 beef rib eye beef steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 12-ounce)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro - divided use
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
4 fresh pineapple slices, cut 1/2-inch thick
1 medium red bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise
1 medium lime
- Combine 2 tablespoon cilantro, cumin and ground red pepper, as desired; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices and bell pepper halves around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill pineapple 8 minutes or until heated through, turning once.
- Grill bell pepper 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze juice from lime. Set aside.
- Chop pineapple and bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime peel and lime juice in medium bowl; stir in pineapple and bell pepper. Season with salt, as desired.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with Grilled Pineapple Salad.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 219; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 91mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 64mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.