Cranberry-Pecan Stuffed Beef Sirloin Roast
This elegant beef dish makes a delicious and beautiful holiday entrée. A horizontal pocket is cut into the center of a 2-inch thick top sirloin steak and stuffed with a sweet and savory mixture of coarsely chopped fresh cranberries, pecans and fresh parsley which is seasoned with brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
3 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut 2-inches thick
1 1/2 cups whole, fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- In a medium bowl, stir together cranberries, pecans, parsley, brown sugar and Worcestershire.
- Cut a horizontal slit through center of steak to within 1/2-inch of edges to create a three-sided pocket to hold stuffing.
- Stuff the steak with 3/4 of the cranberry mixture and toothpick the open edge closed. Spread the remaining mixture and juices over the top of the roast. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
- Roast sirloin on rack in a roasting pan in 350ºF oven for 1 hour or 20 minutes per pound.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before carving into 1/2-inch thick slices.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.