Fig-Balsamic Glazed Beef Kabobs
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Tip: This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc, and a good source of iron.
4 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
1 medium red onion, cut into 12 pieces
1/2 cup fig preserves, chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Soak 4 (10-inch) bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut beef steak into 16 to 1 1/4-inch pieces.
- Alternately thread beef and onion pieces evenly onto skewers. Set aside.
- Combine preserves, vinegar, oil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper in small bowl; reserve 1/4 cup for dipping. Brush kabobs with some of remaining sauce.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium to rare to medium doneness, turning and basting with sauce every 2 minutes.
- Season kabobs with salt, as desired. Serve with reserved sauce for dipping.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 314; Total Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 32g; Protein: 26g; Sodium: 361mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.