Grecian Beef Top Loin Steaks & Mushroom Kabobs
A lemon-pepper rub seasons the beef steaks and the mushroom kabobs, which are grilled alongside each other. Once cooked the vegetables are removed from the skewers and tossed with feta cheese to serve.
Lemon Pepper Rub:
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 pound medium mushrooms
1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 lemon wedges
2 (about 1 1/4 pounds) boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Combine rub ingredients.
- Combine mushrooms, onion, oil and 2 teaspoons rub in medium bowl; toss.
- Alternately thread mushrooms and onion onto six 12-inch metal skewers. Finish with a lemon wedge.
- Press remaining rub onto beef steaks. Place steaks and kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill kabobs 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove vegetables from skewers; toss with feta cheese. Carve steaks. Season beef and vegetables with salt.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.