Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 1/2 pounds boneless beef shoulder steaks, cut 3/4 to 1-inch thick
1 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 (14.5-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup water
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
1/4 cup crumbled plain or herb to flavored feta cheese
- Press pepper onto beef steaks.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot; brown steaks.
- Add tomatoes and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours or until beef is fork to tender. Remove steaks from skillet.
- Add olives to skillet; cook and stir sauce 5 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
- Serve steaks with sauce and cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.