Grilled Peppery Top Round Steak with Parmesan Asparagus
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
2 large cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 pound beef top round steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Hot cooked orzo for accompaniment (optional)
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl.
- Place beef steak and marinade in food to safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Toss asparagus with oil.
- Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange asparagus around steak. Grill steak, uncovered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 10 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F (62.7°C)) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill asparagus 6 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 12 minutes) or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Immediately sprinkle cheese over asparagus.
- Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve with asparagus and orzo, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 238; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 64mg; Total Carbs: 5g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 272mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.