Grilled Steak and Corn
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
4 ears sweet corn, in husks
4 beef T-Bone or Porterhouse steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 4 pounds) or boneless beef top loin steaks,
cut 1-inch thick (about 2 1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup grilling or BBQ sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons butter
- Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk. Re-wrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes.
- Combine glaze ingredients; remove and reserve 1/4 cup.
- Drain corn. Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes, turning frequently.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, place beef steaks on grid with corn.
- Grill T-Bone or Porterhouse steaks, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes (top loin steaks 15 to 18 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with glaze during last 5 minutes.
- Combine reserved 1/4 cup glaze and butter in 1 to cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Carefully peel corn; brush with chili butter.
- Serve with steaks and remaining chili butter.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.