Grilled T-Bone Steak for Two with Mole Sauce
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
8 ounces tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound beef T-Bone steak, cut 1-inch thick
1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- Combine Mole Sauce ingredients in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully pour hot sauce in food processor or blender container. Cover; process 30 seconds or until smooth, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water to thin sauce, if necessary. Return to saucepan; keep warm until ready to use.
- Press steak seasoning evenly onto beef steak. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium to rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove bone; carve steak crosswise into slices. Serve with sauce.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/2 of recipe): Calories: 338; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 61mg; Total Carbs: 28g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 1312mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.