Herb Marinated Steak
Making a few simple substitutions and changing your method of preparation can result in a mouthwatering new versions of your family's favorite foods.
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound London broil or chuck steak
- Combine onion, parsley, vinegar, oil, mustard and garlic in a bowl.
- Place meat in a sturdy plastic bag. Add onion mixture, spreading it on both sides of the meat. Close bag securely.
- Place filled bag in a long dish in case of leaks. Marinate in refrigerator six to eight hours, or overnight. Turn over at least once while marinating.
- Pour off marinade. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so meat is about 5 inches from heat source. Broil about six to eight minutes on each side for rare; nine minutes on each side for medium. You can also grill the steak instead of broiling it.
- After broiling, allow meat to stand for 10 minutes.
- Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): 210 calories, 10 grams total fat, 3 grams saturated fat per serving.
Recipe reprinted from "Fix-it and Enjoy-it Healthy Cookbook." Copyright by Good Books. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Recipe provided courtesy of MayoClinic.com; through ARA Content.