London Broil with Fresh Mushroom Salsa Sauce
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council.
1 pound flank, round or shoulder steak
Fresh Mushroom Salsa Sauce:
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces (about 3 cups) fresh white mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup diced onion
1 cup jarred chunky tomato salsa
- Preheat broiler; season steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place steak on a broiler rack; broil about 3 1/2-inches from heat until done as desired, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- For Fresh Mushroom Salsa Sauce: Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until lightly browned and liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in salsa; cook, mixing gently, until salsa is hot, about 15 seconds
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain in thin slices and serve with Fresh Mushroom Salsa Sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Mushroom Council.