Recipe courtesy of the The Beef Checkoff.
2 pounds chopped beef chuck
3 small limes, juiced
3 large garlic cloves
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons tequila
2 large poblano peppers, seeded and halved
2 medium white onions, cut into wedges
12 (8 to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- Combine lime juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and tequila.
- Add sliced peppers, onion, and sliced beef. Marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm.
- Discard marinade.
- Cut the poblano peppers into strips.
- In skillet, stir-fry beef, peppers and onions for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Arrange chuck steak, peppers and onion on a platter. Serve with warm tortillas.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the The Beef Checkoff.