Marinated Beef Fajitas
Marinated in a spicy tomato and lime marinade, strips of beef round steak are broiled or grilled and served with a cooked sauce made with the reserved marinade.
1 1/2 pounds round steak
2 cups tomato juice
1/3 cup lime juice
2 teaspoons liquid hot pepper sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
12 flour tortillas, warmed
- Cut round steak in half lengthwise, then cut across the grain into thin strips, and place in large glass baking dish.
- Mix together tomato juice, lime juice, liquid hot pepper sauce, and crushed garlic cloves. Pour over the steak strips and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for 4 hours.
- Drain and heat the marinade in a saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Broil or grill the steak strips 2-inches from source of heat, for about 3 minutes; turn and cook 1 minute longer.
- Serve steak strips with chopped tomatoes, chopped red onion, sliced green bell pepper, chopped cilantro, and warmed flour tortillas.
Makes 6 servings.