Mediterranean Steak & Pasta with Tomato-Olive Sauce
Why wait for the weekend for a special dinner? This delicious, quick and easy steak and pasta dish is ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
4 beef round (sirloin) tip center steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 6-ounces each)
8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
1 (26-ounce) jar pasta sauce with olives
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/4 cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf parsley)
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 11 to 13 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning twice. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Combine pasta sauce and oregano in same skillet; heat until hot.
- Return steaks to skillet; turn to coat with sauce.
- Place steaks on fettuccine; spoon sauce over all. Sprinkle steaks with cheese, allowing cheese to melt. Sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.