Pot Roast Like Mom Used to Make
One of the many versions for the classic, 'pot roast that makes its own gravy' recipe. A great tasting entrée that doesn't get much easier to put together.
1 (2 pound) beef chuck roast
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Place pot roast in roasting pan.
- Spread cream of mushroom soup over roast and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over roast.
- Sprinkle with 6 dashes Worcestershire sauce.
- Place lid on pan and roast in 325°F (160°C) oven for 3 hours.
- Test for doneness with a fork. Roast should be fork tender and pull apart easily.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.