Ribeye Roast with Dijon Crust and Roasted Green Beans
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 (4 to 6-pound) beef Ribeye Roast Bone-inch, small end
1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
2 1/3 cups cheese and garlic or Caesar croutons, finely crushed (about 1 1/4 cups crumbs) - divided use
1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread mustard evenly over all surfaces of beef roast. Press 1 cup crouton crumbs evenly onto roast over mustard.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F (175°C) oven 1 3/4 to 2 hour for medium rare; 2 to 2 1/2 hour for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile toss green beans with oil on metal baking sheet. Add remaining 1/4 cup crouton crumbs; toss to coat. Roast in 350°F (175°C) oven with beef roast 30 minutes.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F (57.2°C) for medium rare; 150°F (68.3°C) for medium. Increase oven temperature to 450°F (230°C); continue roasting green beans 10 to 20 minutes or until tender and starting to brown.
- Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F (62.7°C) for medium rare; 160°F (71.1°C) for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices. Season beef and green beans with salt and ground black pepper, as desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Tip: To make crouton crumbs, place croutons in food to safe plastic bag; close bag securely, squeezing out air. Crush croutons with rolling pin to form crumbs. or, place croutons in food processor container. Cover; process until crumbs form.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 347; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 97mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Protein: 44g; Sodium: 587mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.