Slow-Cooked Shredded Beef Tacos
Slow-cooking makes the beef tender, juicy, full of flavor and easy to shred. A delicious beef filling for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas and more.
1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup water
1 (1.25-ounce) package ORTEGA® Taco Seasoning Mix
1 (16-ounce) jar ORTEGA Taco Sauce - Medium
1 (7-ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles
1 (12-count) package ORTEGA® Taco Shell
Suggested Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
- Place beef and onion in slow cooker.
- Combine water and seasoning mix in small bowl. Pour over beef and onion.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat to cutting board; shred beef with two forks. Place beef in large bowl. Stir in taco sauce and chiles.
- Fill warmed taco shells with beef mixture. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.