Tenderloin with Portobello Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.
7 pounds Certified Angus Beef® tenderloin roast
2/3 cup beef broth
1/4 cup Madeira or port wine
8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 large Portobello mushrooms, fins removed, halved and sliced
1 red bell pepper, halved and sliced
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Rub tenderloin roast with oil and pepper.
- Roast uncovered (do not add liquid) at 475°F (245°C) for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F (175°C) and roast an additional 12 minutes (medium-rare).
- Remove from oven and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms, onions and peppers in hot butter over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and Madeira and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Slice tenderloin across the grain; drizzle with sauce. Serve.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.