Yogurt Flank Steak
A scored beef flank steak is quickly pan-grilled, sliced and served in a yogurt wine sauce.
2 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
2 onion, chopped
2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- With a sharp knife, score flank steak on both sides without cutting through.
- Spray a large skillet with vegetable cooking spray, heat over high heat, and sear the steak quickly on both sides. Remove to a cutting board and cut into very thin slices.
- In the skillet combine chopped onion, beef broth, chopped parsley, ketchup, prepared mustard, and white wine. Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until the onion is tender.
- Combine yogurt and flour and stir into the sauce skillet mixture.
- Add the sliced beef. Heat through but do not boil.
Makes 6 servings.