This super fruit-filled smoothie is superfood for the heart and brain!
1 large DOLE Banana peeled
1 (8-ounce) can DOLE Pineapple Chunks, drained
1 cup DOLE Fresh or Fresh Frozen Strawberries partially thawed
1 cup nonfat strawberry yogurt
2 tablespoons soy or whey protein powder
- Slice banana into blender or food processor. Add pineapple, strawberries, yogurt, and protein powder.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Makes 3 serving.
Variations: Replace 1 cup strawberries and nonfat strawberry yogurt with:
- Peach: 1 cup DOLE Fresh Frozen Sliced Peaches and nonfat peach yogurt
- Raspberry: 1 cup DOLE Fresh or Fresh Frozen Raspberries and nonfat mixed-berry yogurt
- Blueberry: 1 cup DOLE Fresh Frozen Blueberries and nonfat blueberry yogurt
- Mixed Berry: 1 cup DOLE Fresh Frozen Mixed Berries and nonfat mixed-berry yogurt
Nutrition Information Per Serving (1/3 of recipe): 172 calories, 1g fat (0g sat.), 4mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 29g sugars), 5g protein, 1% vitamin A, 23% vitamin C, 10% calcium, 4% iron, 9% potassium, 3% folate
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Dole Nutrition Institute.