Served drizzled over vanilla ice cream, pound cake or angel food cake. Or, mix with sparkling water for a watermelon soda! It's also terrific for watermelon martinis or other cocktails.
4 cups puréed seedless watermelon
1 cup granulated sugar
- Place the puréed watermelon and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir while bringing to a simmer.
- Adjust the heat to maintain a simmer.
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until the mixture has reduced by one half in volume and becomes syrupy.
- Remove from heat to cool and then place in a glass bowl or jar, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Keeps 5 days in the refrigerator.
Makes 8 servings; 2 cups.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board.