Apple 'N Cheddar Oatmeal Muffins
Loaded with bits of apple, cheddar cheese and oats, these muffins are great for breakfast, afternoon snacks or lunchbox treats.
1 1/4 cups quick or old fashioned oats
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
3/4 cup chopped apple (about 1 medium)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup apple juice
1 large egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, apple pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir in apples and cheese.
- Add combined apple juice, beaten egg and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins.