Enjoy these tender scones, with sweet bits of apricot in every bite, with a cup of hot fragrant tea or coffee.
1/2 cup butter
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 large egg
1/2 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender. Add apricots and sugar; mix well.
- Whisk the half and half with the egg, and add to dry ingredients; stir until just blended.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times.
- Pat into a 9-inch circle onto a lightly greased baking sheet and score top into 12 wedges.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 12 scones.