Baked Doughnut Puffs
A cross between a cake doughnut and a sweet muffin, the tops are brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, 1/4 cup butter and vanilla. Add dry ingredients mixing just until moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tested done.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon together.
- Brush doughnut/muffin tops with 3 tablespoons melted butter and roll in sugar/cinnamon. Serve warm or cool.
Makes 12 doughnut muffins.