Banana Coconut Loaf
A delicious, moist and flavorful banana bread with coconut and a hint of almond.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
2 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In large bowl combine flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, salt and walnuts; set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl beat eggs until light and frothy. Add sugar and melted butter, mixing well. Stir in mashed banana and almond extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on wire rack. Wrap tightly to store.
Makes 1 loaf, or 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 264.8 calories; 42% calories from fat; 12.9g total fat; 55.6mg cholesterol; 259.1mg sodium; 129.6mg potassium; 35.1g carbohydrates; 1.4g fiber; 19.2g sugar; 33.7g net carbs; 3.8g protein.