Best Morning Glory Muffins
Chock-full of goodness, these cinnamon-scented morning glory muffins have carrot, apple, coconut, raisins and pecans in them.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups grated carrots
2 apples, peeled, cored and grated
3/4 cup sweetened flake coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in sugar. Add carrots, apples, coconut, raisins and pecans; stir well.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine oil, eggs and vanilla in the well and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins, about three-fourths full.
- Bake in the oven 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 18 muffins.