Tender almond-scented, maraschino cherry and chocolate chip muffins.
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon cherry syrup from jar of maraschino cherries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup finely chopped, drained maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add egg; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, cherry syrup, and extracts; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture. Stir in white chocolate chips and cherries.
- Fill prepared muffin tin two-thirds full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.