Citrus Harvest Muffins
Moist and tender, citrus-flavored muffins bursting with chopped fresh cranberries.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Ruby™ Tangerine Grapefruit Juice Drink Juice Cocktail
2 cups Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease muffin tins.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter together in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add this alternately with the juice drink to the butter mixture. Stir in cranberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Cal. 204, Total Fat 5 grams, Sat. Fat 2.8grams, Protein 3grams, Carb. 36grams, Chol. 46mg, Dietary Fiber 1gram, Sugar 18grams, Vit. A 54RE, Folate 10Ug, Vit. E <1mg, Vit. C 5mg, Sodium 184mg, Pot. 48mg, Iron 1mg, Calcium 55mg, Zinc <1mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.