Coconut-Banana Muffins with Wisconsin Swiss Cheese
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cream of coconut
3 ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
2 cups (8-ounce) finely shredded Wisconsin Swiss cheese (reserve 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top, if desired)
- Combine milk and lemon juice; set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, cream of coconut, bananas and milk mixture. Add flour mixture; blend just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- Fill greased or paper-lined mini muffin cups 1/2 to 2/3 full. Sprinkle with reserved cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 to 35 minutes.
Makes 42 mini muffins.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.