Coconut Cream Muffins
Delicious almond-scented coconut cream muffins.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2/3 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine cream with the extracts; set aside.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed for 1 minute. Gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to medium. Beat in eggs until well blended. On low speed, alternately beat in flour and cream mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour, just until mixed (do not over mix!). Stir in coconut.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.