Cinnamon and sugar-topped muffins with fresh cranberries, apples and pecans.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 tart green apple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
2 to 3 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 cup milk
1 cup pecans chopped
Coarse sugar (turbinado sugar) mixed with cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease and flour two 12-cup muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; stir in cranberries, apples and pecans; make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Add butter and mix well. Pour mixture into well of dry ingredients, mixing batter until just moistened; do not over mix..
- Fill prepared muffin tins, mounding batter high. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and cinnamon combined.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Makes 24 muffins.