Cranberry Orange Muffins
Tender, moist orange-scented cranberry muffins topped with a drizzle of orange glaze.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, mix sugar and egg. Add milk, sour cream and oil, blending well. Pour mixture into well. Mix batter until just moistened; do not over mix. Fold in cranberries and orange zest.
- Fill prepared muffin tins three-fourths full. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Meanwhile, stir together glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Remove muffins from cups to a wire rack. Place a sheet of waxed paper underneath rack to catch glaze drippings. Drizzle glaze over warm muffins. Cool completely before serving.
Makes 12 muffins.