Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins
Cinnamon-scented, sweet potato muffins loaded with chopped fresh cranberries.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (without added butter or milk)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
Coarse sugar-cinnamon mixture
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, combine egg, milk, sweet potatoes and butter together; mix well. Pour mixture into well of dry ingredients, mixing batter until just moistened; do not over mix. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Fill prepared muffin tin cups 1/2 full. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and cinnamon combined.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack.
Makes 24 muffins.