Cranberry Cinnamon Oat Scones
Cinnamon-scented oat scones, laced with sweetened dried cranberries.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/3 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Work butter into dry ingredients with fork or fingertips until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in cranberries.
- Combine sour cream and egg in a small bowl; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir with fork until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Transfer to ungreased cookie sheet. Pat into 8-inch diameter circle; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Cut into 8 wedges; separate wedges slightly.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Separate wedges; transfer to cooling rack. Serve warm.
Makes 8 scones.
*Or try ground ginger.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.