Cranberry Raisin Bread
Moist and tender, citrus-scented and spiced cranberry raisin bread.
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup orange marmalade
3/4 cup reduced fat cottage cheese, small curd
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
Grated rind of 1 lemon
Grated rind of 1 orange
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together margarine and brown sugar. Add marmalade, cottage cheese, eggs, lemon rind, orange rind and orange juice; mix thoroughly. Add flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Fold in raisins and cranberries.
- Pour into a 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan that has been coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Makes 16 slices.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 209, Carbohydrate: 33 g, Protein: 5 g, Fat: 7 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sodium: 400 mg.
Recipe provided courtesy of North Dakota Wheat Commision.