Easy Herbed Focaccia Bread
Ready-made frozen bread dough puts the easy in this focaccia bread recipe.
1/4 cup olive oil - divided use
1 (32-ounce) package frozen bread dough, thawed
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup fresh rosemary - divided use
1/2 cup (2-ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Brush a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil; set aside.
- Turn bread dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 to 4 times or until smooth.
- Stir together butter, 3 tablespoons rosemary, and Parmesan cheese; gradually knead mixture into bread dough until dough is smooth and elastic, adding additional flour, if necessary.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan. Using fingertips, press small indentations in top of dough; sprinkle with garlic and remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary. Drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle with kosher salt, if desired, and pepper. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°F | 30°C), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 8 servings.