Festive Fruit Eggnog Bread
This terrific recipe for Festive Fruit Eggnog Bread was submitted by Michael of Indiana, USA.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cups pecans
1 cup mixed candied fruit
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup dairy eggnog (do not use churned)
1/4 cup melted butter
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add pecans, and mixed fruit, mixing well until blended.
- Combine eggs, eggnog, and butter. Add to dry ingredients, mixing until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into greased 1 1/2-quart loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 1 1/4 hours, or until done. Cool about 1 hour. Remove from pan.
- Frost with powered sugar flavored with rum extract and decorate with candied fruit.
Makes 1 loaf.