Honey-Citrus Oat Muffins
Zesty, honey-sweetened, citrus oat muffins with lemony-glazed tops.
1 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons grated lemon or lime peel
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon or lime peel
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or grease bottoms only with vegetable shortening.
- For muffins, combine oats, sour cream, honey, milk, butter and lemon peel in large bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in the lightly beaten egg until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, mixing well. Add to oat mixture all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool 10 minutes
- For glaze, combine all ingredients in small bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Dip tops of muffins into glaze. Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins.
Flavor Variation: For double the citrus flavor, use both lemon and lime juices and peel.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.