Ice-Box English Tea Muffins
The batter and streusel for these English tea muffins can be made ahead one week prior to baking, stored covered in the refrigerator.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl with a mixer on medium-low speed, cream together sugar and softened butter. Add egg and mix well.
- To the creamed mixture, alternately add flour mixture and milk. Stir just until blended.
- Into batter, fold in raisins.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins (2-inch diameter).
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, chopped pecans, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over each spooned muffin batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool before removing from the pan.
Makes 24 muffins.