Juanita's Onion Cornbread
"This is my Aunt Juanita's recipe. We bake it in an iron skillet in the oven. It is simply wonderful, and good enough to make a meal of." - Recipe submitted by Octavia.
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) can cream-style corn
- Mix cornmeal and onion in medium bowl.
- Mix oil and sour cream in small bowl then add to cornmeal mixture.
- Add eggs, beating one at a time.
- Add corn and mix until just combined.
- Pour into a well-greased 9 or 10-inch iron skillet or baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 35 minutes or until golden brown and center tests done.
Makes 10 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): 234.7 calories; 58% calories from fat; 15.6g total fat; 51.7mg cholesterol; 103.7mg sodium; 153.0mg potassium; 21.3g carbohydrates; 1.9g fiber; 1.7g sugar; 19.5g net carbs; 4.0g protein.