Lightly Sweet Cranberry Oat Orange Bread
Not too sweet, moist and tender orange-scented cranberry oat bread.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
3 large eggs
1/3 cup orange juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1/2 cup chopped cranberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl, mixing well.
- Combine milk, eggs, orange juice, oil and orange peel in a medium bowl, mixing well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Stir in cranberries and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.
Makes 1 loaf.