Mini Holiday Muffins
Yummy, mini muffins with a 'pecan crust', and topped with a whole maraschino cherry.
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs, separated
1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
24 maraschino cherries
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Cream butter and sugar together. Mix in beaten egg yolks, cherry juice, flour and baking powder.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture.
- Grease mini muffins tins and sprinkle bottom with chopped pecans. Place 1 teaspoon dough in each and place cherry on top. Add another teaspoon full of dough and sprinkle top with pecans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins and roll in powdered sugar while still warm.
Makes 24 mini-muffins.
Recipe provided courtesy of Iowa Egg Council.