Quick and easy 'monkey bread', a cinnamon, nut and raisin pull-apart bread treat made with refrigerated biscuits.
3 (10-ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/2 cup, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread the 1 tablespoon butter on the bottom of a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nuts and raisins in a large plastic bag; set aside.
- Quarter each biscuit with a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Add the quartered biscuits to the sugar mixture and shake to coat well.
- Layer prepared pan with half the quartered biscuits. Drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons butter; top with remaining biscuits.
- Mix remaining melted butter with remaining sugar mixture in the bag and crumble over top layer of biscuits.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert onto serving plate and serve warm.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 394.1 calories; 27% calories from fat; 12.5g total fat; 20.3mg cholesterol; 945.0mg sodium; 202.1mg potassium; 67.3g carbohydrates; 1.7g fiber; 32.1g sugar; 65.6g net carbs; 5.3g protein.