Oat Banana Muffins
Aromatic, moist and delicious banana, nut and oat muffins.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or grease bottoms only with vegetable shortening.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, nuts, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Combine bananas, margarine, milk and eggs in a medium bowl, mixing well. Add to dry Ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Fill muffin cups three fourths full.
- Bake 17 to 19 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins.