Peanut Butter Banana Bread
For a deliciously wholesome quick bread your family will love, try this recipe that combines two favorite flavors - peanut butter and bananas.
Non-stick cooking spray
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup peanuts, chopped
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups coarsely mashed bananas (about 3 to 4)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, peanuts, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add sugar; beat until creamy. Add peanut butter, oil and vanilla; beat well. Add banana, beat 1 minute. Stir in flour mixture until blended.
- Divide batter equally between pans; tap on counter to settle batter.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack; cool completely. Slice when cool.
Makes 32 (2.2-ounce) slices.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/32 of recipe): Calories: 212; Calories from Fat: 81; Fat: 9g; Trans fats: 0g; Cholesterol: 23mg; Carbohydrate: 29g; Protein: 5g; Fiber: 2g; Sodium: 253mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Peanut Council.