Pistachio Orange Muffins
These yummy, orange-scented muffins are packed with pistachios, little powerhouses of vitamins and antioxidants.
3 cups all-purpose baking mix
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped shelled pistachios
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
Pistachio Streusel Topping:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- For Muffins: Combine baking mix, flour, sugar and pistachios in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, yogurt, orange juice and orange peel and mix well; add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tin. Top each muffin with Pistachio Streusel Topping.
- For Pistachio Streusel Topping: Combine flour, butter and sugar with cinnamon; mix well until it resembles corn meal. Stir in 1/4 cup of chopped pistachios.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 18 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.